Two sailboats cross paths in front of the New London Ledge Lighthouse during Sailfest in 2014. Built in 1909, the New London Ledge Lighthouse sits at the mouth of the Thames river. Ledge Light Lighthouse is a historic local landmark in Connecticut. Originally called the Southwest Ledge Light, lighthouse maintenance was taken over by the Coast Guard in 1939, and the light was automated in 1987. The lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Local rumor has it that the lighthouse is haunted by an early lighthouse keeper named "Ernie". The lighthouse has been featured on multiple TV shows, including ABC's "Scariest Places on Earth" and the show "Ghost Hunters".
July 18th, 2014
Viewed 3,080 Times - Last Visitor from Fairfield, CT on 12/05/2023 at 2:12 PM